Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weekend with the Saculles

Well we spent this last weekend with Mandy's sister Monica, her husband James, and James' extended family in Boise, Idaho. We are friendly with Monica's in-laws (the Saculles family of Valdez, Alaska) and we decided to go up to Boise to spend some time with them while they were down in the Continental U.S. visiting. We headed up there on Friday afternoon, and returned on Monday afternoon.

James' parents Juan and Luisa Saculles were there along with James' brother John, and John's two children, Johnathan and Jasmine. We also spent some time with the extended family, including: uncle Boyd, auntie Thelma, cousin Boyd, his wife Kim, cousin Michelle, aka "Missy," and her husband, Matt.

On Saturday we went to Zoo Boise. Miley had a fun time checking out the mean tigers, monkeys, penguins and bears. It was a roaster that day though with temperatures in the high 90's. We rented a couple little jeep strollers to push around Miley and Marley. That night Monica and James did a little BBQ at the house with steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and brats with the whole clan. Luisa mad some Filipino pancit (a stir fried noodle dish common in the Phillipines). It was great! Following the BBQ we had a fun time trying out Monica and James' Wii Fit. The Wii Fit is a platform device that attaches to the new Nintendo Wii that allows you to do various exercises, balance games and strength exercises. Below is a video of me doing the hula hoop game on the Wii Fit.



On Monday morning before we left Boise we went to the park to watch James and Johnathan shoot off some model rockets. James had helped Johnathan build a rocket to shoot off. It was pretty amazing how high the thing went. There was a little device installed in the rocket that clocked its speed. One launch clocked in at nearly 80 mph. Below is a video of the launch.



Mandy & Miley going down the giraffe slide at Zoo Boise


Marley in her Jeep stroller at Zoo Boise


Miley running down a concrete tube at Zoo Boise


Johnathan, Miley and Jasmine inches away from a gigantic tiger at Zoo Boise


Miley and Johnathan making gooey worms at Monica and James' house


Miley the diva performing on the American Idol game on the Wii
(Luisa, Jasmine, Johnathan, John and Juan in the background)

Miley, Monica and Jasmine playing with bubbles at the park


Johnathan, Mason and James setting up the rocket at the park

3 comments:

mini-wheats said...

philippino ha? Mason, I bet your abs were burning after that workout. I am looking forward to buying "Wii McDonald's" later this year, I'm sure it will be a good buy!

Jilene said...

Hi Mandy,

How are you doing? Jilene came across your blog...We live in Boise! You should have stopped by. :)

When you get a chance, take a look at the one Jilene puts together:
Mattandjileneray.blogspot.com

Talk to you later,

Matt

Gibbles N Bit said...

I miss you guys! I hope things are going well. Tell the girls I said hi, and I miss them, and I wish I could give them a HUGE hug. Love ya'll!