Thursday, June 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home







I thought I would show you a couple of developments in our yard. Our back yard is something out of a horror movie, and will probably not improve anytime soon, but our front yard is looking very summerish. I finally bought some red, white, and blue decorations and we hung them up right before Memorial Day. The hanging flowers by the door are my wonderful Mother's Day gift. I had been wanting some FOREVER, and was kind of hoping Mason would ask what I wanted for Mother's Day. He never did ask, but the Friday before Mother's Day he told me he needed help getting something out of the car. There were three HUGE flower baskets. I was so excited. I have such a sweet husband! I would like to say they are doing well, but the white one was dead within a week. I have taken the advice from a friend and cut it back to see if that would encourage growth, but I think it is really dead. At least the other two are doing great! We also finally made it to the nursery to pick out Marley a gift. When she was born someone from work had given us a gift certificate to the nursery. They thought it would be nice if we bought a tree to plant that we could watch grow as Marley grows. I was skeptical however because I was afraid someday we would move and have to leave the "Marley tree" behind! So instead we found this fun bird bath. It is movable, and we thought the girls would enjoy watching the birds come to get a little drink. It even has a little stone squirrel on it! We will be excited when it finally decides it is summer so we can go out and enjoy our yard!

No comments: